Background Color:
 
Background Pattern:
Reset

Dukes altercation with a Brown Snake

One Sunday in January, one of our nurses contacted the surgery because they had found their dogs with a dead brown snake. Duke’s owners noticed some blood in his mouth, but otherwise he seemed happy and well. 

Author: WVS Admin
0 Comments
Article rating: No rating

Bosco's altercation with another dog

Bosco is an 8 year old male Dachshund who was taken to the Animal Emergency Services one morning, when he was attacked by another dog whilst going out for a walk with his owner.

 

Author: WVS Admin
0 Comments
Article rating: 3.0

A brave little Indian Ringneck

Meet the adorable little cutie, Sky, the juvenile Indian Ringneck Parakeet. 

 

Author: WVS Admin
0 Comments
Article rating: No rating

Snail bait toxicity

Meet Tilly the Border Collie and Koopa the Minature Fox Terrier cross Chihuahua! Whilst their owners were away at work, this troublesome pair somehow found a bag of slug and snail bait and decided to eat some. The active ingredient in many slug and snail baits is metaldehyde, and unfortunately the additives that make the bait attractive to slugs and snails, is also attractive to some dogs who may eat the bait if they find it.

Author: WVS Admin
0 Comments
Article rating: No rating

Tyson learns to walk again

Tyson is a 6 year old Jack Russell cross who came to the Windaroo Veterinary Surgery when his owners found he was unable to use his back legs. When Dr Laura examined Tyson, he was unable to move his hind legs at all and appeared to be completely paralysed in his back end. Dr Laura was suspicious that a cartilage disc may have slipped in his back, causing discomfort and the paralysis. X-rays were taken that showed a very subtle narrowing between two parts of his spine. After his sedation and x-rays he gradually deteriorated, becoming even more painful and uncomfortable.

Author: WVS Admin
0 Comments
Article rating: No rating
RSS
123
Join our quarterly newsletter Subscribe